I have a certain respect for the mo’arg. The engineer dudes, not the beefy mooks. They’re smart, they’re dangerous and their appearance incites terror. When you see a mo’arg going at you, you know you’re in trouble. Sure, they’re going a little extreme with the whole “replacing body parts with machines” thing, but everyone has got their own little obsession. I must admit, mine is probably collecting. Not pixelated monsters in a tiny hand-held device, not cards or teddy bears – collecting people. The more varied and stranger their races, the better. Just seeing all kinds of creatures working together fills a certain, warped sense of collectorship in my mind. And I always wanted to have one of these – the mo’arg. I worked with, and fought, Sal’salabim so I know what they’re capable of. But only recently I got the chance to get one of them in my employ.
Tag Archives: Sal’salabim
Things we’re lacking in Twitter RP – WoD edition
Here I am, back with my personal wishlist of things I feel we’re missing from our Twitter RP community on Twitter. The old list has been set to private for some time now, because it was starting to get really outdated. Not only many of the characters I wished for already appeared, but with Warlords of Draenor out, new priorities appeared. There are some important and cool characters that would be great to see on played out on Twitter. Like the previous one, it’s mostly a list of my personal preferences – if you feel there are other characters that you can do well and would be beneficial to our current RP environment, go ahead and create accounts for them!
While it may be tempting for some of RP old-timers to create those accounts, I think it would be best to let some new blood in, and don’t hog all the good characters for ourselves!
- Reshad– a character intentionally designed to resemble Lorewalker Cho, he has however a much smaller role. He is a great storyteller with an interesting personality, and an outcast from the new timeline from Warlords of Draenor. Personally, I’d love to see more of his and Percy’s adventures, but Darkscryer Raastok, who appears to be the outcasts’ leader in WoD, would be a great addition as well.
- Terokk– with Warlords of Draenor, this character, once cursed as a tyrant, is given a new lease of life. It turns out he wasn’t so bad after all and the players have already helped him to regain his sanity. Although he isn’t truly alive, he is a spirit watching over the outcasts, which can apparently switch between a cursed and winged form. With everything we learned about him in WoD, he’d be a great addition.
- Fel-Sage Rhaze– Now, calm down, I know it’s not a canon character. In fact, it’s a character I invented for my Farahlon Game Design Exercise posts, to explain a new Shadow Council-aligned faction of arakkoa. Rhaze, implied to have been the founder of tBC’s Veil Rhaze, would be a former Sethekk turned into a vrock, a fel-corrupted arakkoa, and served Gul’dan in face of the great blow the adventurers dealt to the Sethekk.
- Azuka Bladefury- Probably the only warlord missing from Twitter, and the only female warlord we know of, Azuka is certainly a promising character. Which is why she’ll likely die quickly, but let’s have her with us as long as we can, shall we?
- Sunwalker Dezco – A carry-over from the previous list, I would still like to see him on Twitter. Dezco is similarly to Baine a guy with heart in the right place, but he’s also kinda dumb, being infamous among the fanbase for “using babies as armor”. This could be played in fun ways, and the kind of personality Dezco exhibits would fill a certain niche in the current community.
- Thaelin Darkanvil– Thaelin is character prominent now in Warlords of Draenor. For a long time, he merely stood in the Searing Gorge as a member of the Thorium Brotherhood, but he has now joined the forces Moira sent to Draenor in the name of Ironforge. Although he doesn’t have much personality beyond “dwarf”, he could still be a fun character to play with.
- Bodyguards– Tormmok is already there, but the other bodyguards, like Leorahj or Vivianne, seem to have quite a lot of personality when you interact with them on the field of battle. It can even go beyond bodyguards and to other followers. Maybe we can see Pleasure-Bot 8000! Or Kimzy Pinchwhistle! Or Image of Archmage Vargoth! The possibilities are endless! Well, as endless as the number of followers.
- Sal’salabim – One of the most unique denizes of Shattrath City, I greatly enjoyed the one quest he gave me. A hard-drinking demon who left the Burning Legion and lives like a small-time thug sounds a pretty cool and unusual character concept. I think I’d enjoy Sal’salabim on Twitter. He has some past history with Verroak too.
- Darius Crowley – A controversial figure in Gilneas because he basically handed his kingdom over to the Horde, he nevertheless remains a very prominent and unique character. His Twitter handle would HAVE TO be “LordBoxhead” or a variation thereof.
- Theldurin the Lost – In a pinch, Lucien Tosselwrench or Martek the Exiled would do. One of these crazy gag characters that could be pretty funny on Twitter. Also, he could have ties to me, Lunk, and Myzrael. Also, I would love to learn if he finally punched that dragon in the face.
- Myzrael – Also known as “Theradras’s hot sister”, she was a bit confusing back in vanilla. Now, in Cataclysm, she appears uncorrupted in Deepholm commenting on her release in the original events of Arathi Highlands. Whether she came coupled with a Theradras account, she could be the source of endless jokes about sister-sister rivalry, especially one between a “hotter” and “uglier” sister.
- Or’kaos the Isane – Also known as “Or’kaos the Pointless”. Added in the game as the original culmination of the Netherwing questline, Or’kaos’ role in it has been since replaced by another quest. He, however, is left in the game with no purpose, just wandering around his little floating island with no way out, which is probably why he’s insane. Probably was once a fel orc transformed into a nether drakonid for his service to the Illidari.
Like the previous list, I will try to update this one with new additions when they become relevant. If you have ideas for cool characters that I omitted and that you’d want someone to do, message me in any way and I’ll add them here if I agree.
Finding his place
Well, well, I haven’t written on this myself for a while now. Partially because there wasn’t much happening. Actually, now that I think of it, there were things happening. Not all of them I can recall at moment’s notice, such is my memory at my age, but most recently I decided I needed to exert some more direct control over this rift. I mean, I now have some interest in the Draenor I could find on the other side and the exit suddenly drifting away from it would be most unfortunate. So against my better judgment, I decided to use the services of an ethereal I knew, Shazaad, to find a way to control the rift better.